Pobierz aplikację na telefon

Vestry

Between the presbytery of the chapel of the Miraculous Image and the presbytery of the church, slightly shifted towards the east, there is a Baroque building constructed in the years 1649-1651, on the lower floor of which there is the vestry, and on the upper floor there is Treasury. The inside of the vestry has a barrel vault with lunettes, resting on arches which end at the bottom with sculptural limestone capitals. In the eastern wall, in deep niches, there are 2 rectangular windows, closed in sections. The main entrance is in the western wall. On the southern (right) side, there are passages leading from the vestry to the church presbytery and the vestibule of the Treasury. Passages on the northern (left) side lead to the chapel presbytery and the eastern wing of the monastery.

Vestry – architecture

Between the presbytery of the chapel of the Miraculous Image and the presbytery of the church, slightly shifted towards the east, there is a Baroque building constructed in the years 1649-1651…

Vestry – polychromy

The vestry is decorated with a sumptuous late Baroque polychromies by Karol Dankwart which come approximately from the years 1693-1695.

Vestry – paintings on the walls below arches

On the walls below arches, perfectly fitted to their shape, there are paintings in identical, semicircular frames, executed after 1651.

Vestry – furniture

In the vestry, there is original early Baroque furniture from approximately 1651. Along the walls, there are wooden chests with upper sections…

Vestry – paintings in the panelling

The panelling in the vestry is decorated with two series of paintings located in the panels. The first one, made by Krzysztof Fokelski…

Vestry – altar

The altar in the western wall was made in 1651, together with the remaining fittings. It is architectural, wooden, polychromed, partially gilded, with carving decoration, flanked with columns with carved capitals.

Vestry – lavabo

On the western wall of the vestry, on the left from the main entrance, there is a Regency style lavabo – a wash basin for priests, used for washing hands before the mass, made in 1724…