Pobierz aplikację na telefon

Treasury

Between the presbytery of the chapel of the Miraculous Image and the presbytery of the church, slightly shifted towards the east, there is a Baroque building constructed in the years 1649-1651, on the ground floor of which there is the vestry, and the Treasury on the first floor. The inside of the treasury has a barrel vault with lunettes. In the eastern wall, in deep niches, there are 2 rectangular windows, closed in sections. The entrance for the visitors is on the first floor, on the southern side. The vestry which leads to it was constructed in the early 20th century, following the modernisation conducted by Stefan Szyller. In order to find it, it is necessary to climb the ramparts, turn left and go straight, passing the National Memory Chapel on the left.

Józef Chełmoński, Depiction of the Image of Our Lady of Częstochowa with a robe (revetment) and crowns

The depiction of the Image of Our Lady of Częstochowa, in the so-called diamond robe (revetment) and Baroque crowns donated […]

Józef Chełmoński, Depiction of the Image of Our Lady of Częstochowa

On the occasion of the 300th anniversary of Father Augustyn Kordecki’s birth, an eminent painter, Józef Chełmoński (1849-1914), made two […]

Jan Matejko, Mother of God with Child Jesus as the Queen of the World

The second oil painting by Jan Matejko (1838-93), the most outstanding Polish historical painter, executed in Krakow around 1885, presents […]

Jan Matejko, Mother of God over the Jasna Góra Monastery During the Siege by the Swedes

In the treasury, 2 oil paintings are presented by Jan Matejko (1838-93), the most outstanding Polish historical painter. One of […]

Pilgrim’s staff

In the past centuries,  a staff and a satchel were the distinctive attributes of a pilgrim. Before a pilgrimage, they […]

Treasury – architecture

Between the presbytery of the chapel of the Miraculous Image and the presbytery of the church, slightly shifted towards the east, there is a Baroque building…

Treasury – fittings

Together with the construction of the building in which the Treasury is located, original fittings were made in 1651. It was disassembled around 1920.

Monstrance of Father Augustyn Kordecki

From the votive offerings, donated by pilgrims to Jasna Góra following the victorious defence against the Swedish, on the initiative of Father Augustyn Kordecki…

Tower Monstrance

The oldest item preserved in the collection of the monastery is a Gothic-Renaissance monstrance, the so-called “tower monstrance”.

The so-called coral set

In 1670, the wedding of king Michał Korybut Wiśniowiecki and princess Eleonora Maria from the Habsburg family took place at Jasna Góra.

Set of Meissen porcelain

The gift of king Augustus III of Poland, offered in 1744 for the altar of the Miraculous Image, is a unique exhibit. It is made of porcelain, which was unusually highly valued at the time.

Reliquary cross

The monumental late-Gothic reliquary in the shape of a cross with the statues of the Mother of God and Saint John on the sides, was donated to Jasna Góra by king Zygmunt Stary …

Prince Konstanty Sobieski’s home altar

Numerous and precious gifts were donated to Jasna Góra by the Sobieski family – including king Jan III, queen Marysieńka and their sons.

The sceptre of king Zygmunt Stary (Sigismund I the Old)

Regalia are objects unique in any treasury. In the Jasna Góra treasury there is a sceptre donated by king Zygmunt Stary (Sigismund I the Old), made around 1500…

Turret clock

In the Jasna Góra treasury, among numerous clocks and watches, the monumental Renaissance turret clock stands out, made in Augsburg in the years 1586-91.

Queen Bona’s rosary

In the remarkable collection of rosaries, traditionally offered by pilgrims, royal donations stand out, among them the Renaissance Rosary of Queen Bona Sforza…

“Hungarian” chasuble

The large and extremely valuable collection of liturgical vestments in the monastery of Jasna Góra includes a late-Gothic chasuble from the end of the 15th century.

“Pearl Apparel” chasuble

The most sumptuous of the so-called “liturgical apparels” – ceremonial sets of liturgical vestments – is the “Pearl Apparel”, based on the robe of order of the Order of the Holy Spirit Of Prince Jakub Sobieski.