Pobierz aplikację na telefon

Library – architecture

In the western wing of the monastery, on the first floor, there is a library called the old one, constructed in the years 1736-1739, on the initiative of the Jasna Góra Prior Father Anastazy Kiedrzyński. It is rectangular, has cloister vaulting with flattened top covered with sumptuous stucco and painting decoration in Regency style. It is entered From the northern side, through a stepped tunnel vaulted entrance with rectangular door. In the floor, there are openings letting in warm air from the kitchen. In the western wall, in deep slanted niches, closed in sections, reaching the floor, there are four rectangular windows.

Library – furniture

The fittings of the library interior were made by a Jasna Góra carpenter, Friar Grzegorz Woźniakowicz in the years 1736-1739.

Library – tables

In the monastery library there are two large tables, made around 1739 by Friar Grzegorz Woźniakowicz, just as the entire furniture.

Library – polychromies

The vault of the library is adorned with stucco decoration in Regency style, with scrolls and pincers, grating, campanulas, and elements of illusionist architecture…

Library – book cases

Library bookshelves are filled with wooden book boxes imitating backs of books, covered with leather, embossed and partially gilded, made in 1758…

Library – architecture

In the western wing of the monastery, on the first floor, there is a library called the old one, constructed in the years 1736-1739…