Pobierz aplikację na telefon

Cenacle

Between the southern curtain of the defensive walls and the presbytery of the basilica, on the site of the former churchyard cemetery, there is the Cenacle – a rectangular courtyard surrounded by a vaulted semi-circular arcade cloister, whose walls are decorated with contemporary depictions of Polish saints and blesseds. From the north, the bottom of the former belfry tower is incorporated into the Cenacle. From the West, there are stairs leading to it and a tripartite gate closed with wrought iron bars. To the east, there is the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament. It was designed by the architect Adolf Szyszko-Bohusz and erected in the years 1921-26. Its sculptural decoration was designed and executed in stucco by Karol Hukan in 1926.

Chapel of the Blessed Sacrament

On the axis of the Cenacle, on the eastern side, there is rectangular two-storey chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, closed […]

Gate

There are stairs with a landing in the middle leading to the Cenacle located slightly below the level of the […]

Confessional – interior

The building of the Confessional comprises a rectangular room, covered with a barrel vault, with lunettes and stucco decoration. The […]

Confessional – the Chapel of the Sacrament of Penance

Right next to the main entrance to the monastery of Jasna Góra, on the right, near the Wałowa Gate, there […]