Pobierz aplikację na telefon

Bishop’s throne

In the presbytery, under the southern (right) wall there is a magnificent bishop’s throne, made around 1750 by Friar Sebastian Antoni Rotter, a monastery carpenter and Wojciech Rojowski, a carver and sculptor from Kraków, which was renovated and supplemented in 1866, on the initiative of Alfons Potocki, church custodian. The elaborate back in the type of an altar is richly decorated with gilded ornaments in Regency style and figures of angels. It comprises two stools and an armchair, on which there are the insignia of the archepiscopal status: a mitre, cross and crosier.  The whole is crowned with a halo with a dove of the Holy Spirit and the heads of angels among clouds.